The aims of BGWA are:
• Improving the interaction between experts and specialists with different professional qualifications in the field of groundwater and geothermal water.
• Supporting the competent authorities of central and local administration in the development of regulations related to the study, use, protection, management, monitoring and utilization of groundwater and geothermal water.
• Carrying out joint public initiatives associated with the work of relevant institutions in the field of groundwater and geothermal water.
• Supporting the process of public awareness on key issues related to the use and management of groundwater and geothermal water.
The means for achieving BGWA objectives are the following:
• Participation, support and organization of scientific research and practical conferences, seminars, exhibitions, public discussions and other in groundwater and geothermal water.
• Education and training through long and short-term specialized courses in the field of groundwater and geothermal water.
• Representation of members of the association at the state and municipal institutions; to the public and business organizations, to international professional associations and unions.
• Participation in shaping policy and decisions on the subject of its activities at the national , regional and local level.
• Conducting research and presenting the expertise, projects and opinions on the subject of its activities to the relevant government and other authorities.